The Gauhati University introduces semester system in all undergraduate courses from the academic session 2011-2012 as per UGCs guideline. Accordingly, a TDC course consists of six semesters covering three calendar years. The schedule for the semester system is as follows:
- First, Third and Fifth Semester (Including Examination) : August 1-December 15, 2016
- Second, Fourth, and Sixth Semester (Including Examination) : January 12 – June 15, 2017
- Semester Break : July 1 – July 31, 2017
- Winter Break : January 1- January 10, 2017
A student’s performance shall be monitored by the teachers throughout the semester by continuous assessment in the written and practical works. Evaluation in each written and practical paper will be as follows:
- Internal Evaluation: 20 Marks (Includes two sessional examinations)
- External Evaluation: 80 Marks (Conducted by Gauhati University)
Internal evaluation shall be based on sessional examinations, home assignments, seminars, library works in each semester, while External Evaluation shall be through a final examination at the end of the semester. The pass marks on each written paper is 30% and in each practical paper is 40%. Students must secure pass mark in both internal and external evaluation test separately.
Students are advised to collect the academic calendar and class routine from the college office.